No longer worry about missing a premium payment when you enroll in automatic payments. Signing up online is easy. Just fill out and submit a short form and you're done!
Common questions about premium payments
I mailed my check, but it hasn't posted yet. What happened to my payment?
Sometimes, payments made by check are delayed for a few reasons:
- The name in the "Pay to the order of" field is written incorrectly. Make sure the checks are made out to the correct company.
- The detachable portion from your invoice wasn't included with your payment
- Your member ID number wasn't on your check
- Your payment was for a different amount than your amount due, and our processing team didn't know how to distribute the funds
- Your payment was received after the due date (if this happens, we may send you a late payment notice which you can ignore)
- Your payment was mailed to the wrong address
How do I make sure my premium payments are received timely?
- Sign up for automatic payments
- Mail your payment at least one week before the due date
- Write your member ID number on your check
- Include the detachable portion of your invoice with your payment
- Avoid sending one payment for multiple people
I want to pay the premium for more than one person. How can I do that?
If you are paying the premium for yourself and another person enrolled in the same plan, you can either both sign up for automatic payments, or you can mail the payments together. If you mail the payments, include the detachable portion from both invoices. The detachable portions help our team figure out how to apply your payment to the accounts and prevent your payment from being delayed.
I signed up for automatic deductions from my Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board payment. Why am I still getting invoices in the mail?
It can take up to three months for your automatic deductions from your Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board payment to take effect. Make sure you pay invoices you receive in the mail during this time. You can learn more about monthly premium payments on Medicare.gov.
My amount due is higher than I expected. What can I do about this?
You should contact customer service to discuss your concern.
I submitted my payment through online bill pay and funds were removed from my bank account, but it hasn't posted yet. What happened to my payment?
- The name in the "Pay to the order of" field is written incorrectly. Make sure the payment is made out to the correct company.
- Your member ID number was not in the account field
- You combined payments for more than one member
I received a letter that says I will be disenrolled this month for not paying my premiums and want to avoid being disenrolled. What should I do?
You should immediately overnight mail your payment to:
Basic Blue Rx
Remittance Processing M101
3535 Blue Cross Road
Eagan, MN 55122-1154